True Friend Immersion – Australia – Module 1
Date: March 8, 2022 – March 19, 2022
Location: Hybrid (Online and Mullumbimby AU)
New Class is open for enrollments.
Register Here: leelaschool.org
The Leela School of Awakening
True Friend Immersion 12 Day Retreat
March 8 - 19, 2022
This course is offered in-person in Mullumbimby, AU or ONLINE
This is the first part of a one year course, offered in three modules. The foundation of this course is to be a True Friend, for yourself and the world. Discovering a silent mind and an open heart, you will be supported in waking up out of the trance of egoic identification.
Based in non-dual insights and the clinical hypnosis certification program Eli ran for many decades, you will absorb and learn different skills for being an awakened guide in the lives of those around you, whether it is family, friends, or clients. Discovering what it means to be a True Friend for yourself and others, you will experience what this means in a practical way, living in the world in skillful harmony.
As part of this immersion course, we will use Eli’s unique insight into what he calls the Enneagram of Liberation (very different from the more commonly used Enneagram of Personality). Seeing the fixated structure of ego in ourselves, our relationships, and our clients will cast the world in a completely new light. Insight into the structure of our own character fixation assists in the discovery of our true character, and the difference between ego and essential self.
This course can be taken as the first part of the one year Leela School course, or as a stand-alone retreat. The class is led by Eli and Leela School teachers.
Professional Certification available for 2nd year students.
This course will be offered in-person with Leela School Teacher, Jared Franks, in Mullumbimby, Australia. For those that do not wish to travel, you can be a full participating member of the retreat via Zoom in real time. Eli will be holding his meetings during the retreat online via Zoom (Eli will be leading two meetings per day for the first 5 days). The other meetings will be led by Leela School Teachers in-person, interacting with those in the room as well as those on Zoom.
*Please use the notes section in the webshop cart to specify if you are registering for in-person or online version of this event.*
Tuition: $1650 (AUD)
*For Returning Students only, if you refer and bring with you three or more new students who pay in full for Module 1, you can attend Module 1 for free. If you bring in 1 or 2 new students, you would pay 1/3 off or 2/3 off tuition respectively. Leela School must be notified of this referral by the student at the time of booking.*
Location (for in-person participants):
Mullumbimby Civic Memorial Hall
55 Dalley St.
Mullumbimby, NSW Australia
Australia (AEDT) Times
Tuesday March 8: Two Meetings; Open Meeting with Eli at 1:30pm and First Regular Meeting at 4:15pm
Wednesday March 9 - Friday March 11: Three Meetings each day, 10am, 1:30pm and 4:15pm
Saturday March 12: One Meeting at 10am
Sunday March 13: One Meeting at 4:15pm
Monday March 14 - Friday March 18: Three Meetings each day, 10am, 1:30pm and 4:15pm
Saturday March 19: Last Meeting at 10am
Please allow 90- 120 minutes for each meeting
US (Pacific) Times for Online Participants
Monday March 7: Two Meetings Open Meeting with Eli at 6:30pm and First Regular Meeting at 9:15pm (PST)
Tuesday March 8 - Thursday March 10: Three Meetings each day at 3pm, 6:30pm and 9:15pm (PST)
Friday March 11: One Meeting at 3pm (PST)
Saturday March 12: One Meeting at 9:15pm (PST)
Sunday March 13 - Thursday March 17: Three Meetings each day 4pm, 7:30pm and 10:15pm (PDT)
Friday March 18: Last Meeting at 4pm (PDT)
Please allow 90- 120 minutes for each meeting
Amsterdam (CET) Times for Online Participants is 12am, 3:30am and 6:15am
Please use www.timeanddate.com to convert to your local time zone.
In-Person Requirements: In Australia, for those attending in-person retreats this year, vaccination is not a requirement, however you must provide a negative Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) within 24 hours of the start of the retreat. Please speak directly with the host, Charlene, for more detailed information. You can reach her at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Event Cancellation Fee
50 dollars until 30 days before the retreat start date or the entire amount in case of cancellation within 30 days of the event start date.
Policies and further information
Certification, Mentor Sessions, and Delaying Certification
- Certification is not guaranteed. Your certification will be based on evaluations that are both objective and subjective in nature. Mentors and Students work very closely together so you will be well aware of the possibility of certification, and your chances of this by the end of the course year. If you take the course, and do not qualify for certification, you will need to retake the course to be certified. We have discovered that to fully integrate the skills learned in this True Friend Immersion course, it takes at least two years, so we encourage everyone to be open to attending this course for two consecutive years.
- The Mentor Committee has full discretion to not allow a student to continue the training, or to advance in the school, at any time. Mentor committee will have the final say in certification of each and every student. Students are permitted to discuss any concerns they have with regards to their own certification outcome, however the Mentor Committee still has final say.
- Prior to the course, if notice is given more than 30 days before the retreat begins, full refund is given, less a $50 cancellation fee. After that no refunds are given. No refunds are given for Module 2 regardless if the sessions have been completed or not.
- Module 2 (mentor sessions and practice sessions) are a mandatory part of becoming certified. Feedback forms are necessary for certification to allow the mentors to evaluate you. If you take Module 2 then decide you do not want certification, or to continue with Part 3 of the course, no refund is given for unused mentor sessions. If you are extending your course work for any reason,the 10 mentor sessions must be completed within 8 months of starting Module 2.
- If you would like an extension and delay entry into Part 3 for certification, you need to apply formally for an extension. If the extension is granted, it will be up to the Mentor Committee’s discretion of what needs to be redone or completed prior to coming back in to the school at the later time. You may need to pay full price again for the remaining module/s. You will need a minimum of one mentor session per month, which will be paid for directly by the student to the Mentor. For example, if you have already used your 10 mentor sessions, but decide to delay certification until the following year, you will need to continue with Mentor sessions in order to be certified. These extra Mentor sessions will need to be paid for.
- Upon successful certification, it is a requirement of the Leela School to undertake supervision sessions with a Leela School mentor or teacher. A minimum of one mentor session for every 6 client sessions given for a twelve-month period.
- There is a compulsory certification fee that is listed on the price sheet.
- Certification is limited to a two-year period. To re-certify, 30 hours of continuing education courses are required with supporting documentation. This can include attending any Leela School or Leela Foundation event, paid mentor sessions, or attending any related course.
- In order to be considered for the School’s Leela Mentor or Teacher Certification program, you must be certified, and have attended a minimum of two full years of True Friend Immersion.
- Guidelines for use of ‘True Friend’ by Leela School students
- Officially sanctioned Leela School True Friends events can only be held after the student has been certified as a Leela School teacher.
- Leela School students who have received their certification in hypnotherapy/psychotherapy can introduce the True Friend role into their own events, but they are to acknowledge Eli and the Leela School as the source of this methodology, and the events should not be titled True Friends retreats, etc.
If any of these points need clarification please contact The Leela School.